Last Thursday, I woke up bright and early and went for a morning run in the Rapid City area. (I was vacationing there with my Taiwan friends!) Afterwards I was enjoying some much needed coffee and scrolling through my Instagram feed when I received a nice surprise in the form of an IG notification. Marianela from Love Vividly had nominated me as one of her Liebster Award winners. When I started my first blog a couple of years ago, I received the same award. What a pleasant surprise to have been nominated on my newer blog! I have loved reading Marianela's blog. I first discovered her corner of the world when I came across her pictures on Instagram. They are the best!! She is always posting creative crafts and recipes, like this sangria recipe that I MUST try before the end of the summer. Yum! Be sure to check out her blog and Instagram.
The Liebster Award is most often given to smaller blogs as a way to help welcome them into the bigger blogging community. It's a fun way to introduce yourself through a series of questions. Most of the blogs that I have selected are not what I would consider "small blogs" and most have been around for years. (I'm not one to follow the rules, I guess.) However, these are a few of my current favorites and I am curious to learn more about the ladies behind these blogs.
Here are the rules for those nominated:
- Answer the 10 questions of the nominator
- Choose 10 blogs with a smaller following and nominate them for the award (I broke this one a bit by selecting larger following blogs and only 5)
- Ask your nominees 10 questions
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you
- Let your nominees know you have nominated them
Here are the 10 questions Marianela asked:
1. What are the first 3 songs on your recently played playlist?
My most recently played songs are: "A Sky Full of Stars" by Coldplay, "Not a Bad Thing" by Justin Timberlake, "Don't Drop that Thun, Thun, Thun" by Finatticz. The last song is kind of an inside joke and I smile every time it comes on my iPod. Pretty random list, really.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I started my first blog as a way to help me focus on the more positive things in life by capturing moments and encouraging others. (I used to be a pretty negative person a couple years ago.)
3. If you could go anywhere in the world to get food where would you go?
I would have a picnic by the Eiffel Tower in Paris with an assortment of cheese, bread and wine. I would choose this more for the picturesque setting rather than the food itself. A cute date wouldn't hurt either! ;)
4. If you could tell your younger self one piece of advice what would it be?
Do not obsess about numbers on the scale and comparing myself to others!!! I am so glad that I am at peace with my body and thankful for what it does for me now, but man, I haven't always been that way.
5. Flats or heels?
Flats. I am nearly 5'11"...I think it is safe to say I don't need the extra height!
6. What was the last thing you bought?
I filled up my car with some gasoline. Not my most favorite purchase, that is for sure.
7. If you could have any drink in your hand right now, it would be…?
A mimosa. Mmmm. Excuse me while I go make this a reality...
8. If you could live in any era what would it be?
The 1940's. For some reason, I have had a mild obsession with anything related to WWII. I think I read The Diary of Anne Frank about 3 times in middle school. While there were plenty of hardships that I cannot imagine, this is the era I am most fascinated with.
9. What is your life motto?
"There is always, always something to be thankful for."
I try to remember this during the hard times. Perspective is everything.
10. And the BIG question…Backstreet Boys or *NSYNC?
*NSYNC. Is this even a questions?!? ;)
The following bloggers are who I nominate:
1. Rach at This Italian Family
2. Gina at Gina Alyse
3. Katie at Hope Engaged
4. Kailey at The Caffeinated Runner
5. Kristina at Moxie Musing
Here are my questions for you:
1. Where is the most favorite place that you have visited?
2. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
3. What is your most favorite blog post you have ever written? (Include a link!)
4. What is an app that you can't live without?
5. What is one word that best describes you?
6. A picture is worth a thousand words...include a picture that brings back memories or makes you really happy.
7. What is something you have done in your life that you are most proud of?
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and with whom?
9. What is your "go-to" beauty product?
10. What is your favorite summer activity?
Let me know once you have answered the questions! I am excited to read your responses!